Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I am struggling to find the right stack for my webapp project and would really appreciate some help. I’m trying to practice and immortalize my skills as an entry-level developer, and I have basically zero performance requirements. I would like to keep my costs AS LOW AS POSSIBLE.
- I have an existing .NET Core/React app that I’m working with
- I need a graph database. Currently have a Neo4j db on Graphene
- I need to be able to use my own domain. I can get my own SSL if necessary
- Azure is great, but there don’t seem to be many non-corporate pricing options for my needs. I would love to use Heroku, but it doesn’t seem like they support .NET Core apps
- I’m having trouble making requests to my cloud Neo4j db due to some security issue (but I can make unsecure requests to my local db). I tried upgrading to the Azure plan with an SSL, but still no luck. I’m kind of stuck here because I was able to make secure requests from an Express js app I have on Heroku. I know there are Neo4j extensions on the Azure marketplace, but the cheapest option is ~$60/month, which is way too expensive for me.
- Are there non-Azure hosting solutions for .NET Core apps (that don’t feel too hacky)?
- Is there an inexpensive way to use my existing Neo4j db with Azure?
- Are there any other cheap graph database solutions you have used with Azure?
Thanks for the help 🙂